Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Two Faces of Detroit: People Mover

I've joined a Royal Oak area photography group recently. I've only been to this one meeting but so far it has been a wonderful experience. The group members have a wide variety of experience levels, so it was nice to learn and share. The summer project of this group is titled Two Faces of Detroit and the first meet that I attended was an exploration of Detroit, taking the People Mover around. I'm so used to taking pictures in a certain way, mainly of people, to tell a story (which of course, is my fave way to take pictures!)...so it was fun to experiment with architecture and the abstract as well.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket This I took with a wide angle--not the best technically, but i thought it was funny since the buildings look like they are falling inward.

Photobucket Saw this interesting pole by the Joe Louis Arena

Photobucket People Mover

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
:D My view! 6 months pregnant on an escalator.

1 comment:

timmy and erin said...

amanda, i absolutely LOVE these pictures! architectural photography is my favorite. these are REALLY good. I want to cover my living room with these pictures.